The rain is back, and so I’m once again faced, upon entering my workplace, with the statement “Surely you didn’t cycle in today!”
I do sometimes question my own sanity, and I ask myself how I would respond if someone asked me why I did it. I reckon I could get between 10 and 20 good reasons…so here goes:
- It improves my strength.
- It improves my fitness.
- I’m likely to live longer.
- It takes a car off the road (reduces congestion).
- It’s less polluting.
- I breathe in less pollution.
- It reduces the need for parking.
- It’s cheaper.
- It’s less stressful (I’d much rather cycle in the rain than sit in a traffic jam).
- It wakes me up.
- It burns calories (OK, so I take them in again by eating more!).
- It makes me feel good.
- It’s fun (in a strange way).
13 without much thinking! There must be more…