Having seen someone else do similar, I thought I’d summarise my week in projects, posts, and pins. This is probably as much for my benefit as anything, but let me know if you find it interesting or helpful. Use the comments – I’m happy to tweak the format to make it more useful for others.
Projects: what I’ve been up to
It was a quiet week as I juggled childcare in the last week of the holidays with work and attending a wedding on Friday.
- I did an un-publicised launch of a new website for a small client on Thursday – details coming soon!
- I worked a bit on SchoolBot to get it ready for the new term (though, it’s not a public project, and is only really for my own use and testing)
In tech news, I purchased a keyboard case for my iPad – mostly because I’m on a bit of a roll with writing, and wanted to be able to type more easily on the go! I’ll write about this soon.
This week it’s back to school and the pace should pick up.
Posts: things I made
Writings this week, in case you missed anything:
- What I (actually) do!
- Blooming MailChimp Groups and GDPR fields: Making several technologies that you understand well work together can be hard
- What are you up to?
- The grass under my feet: Taking your shoes off is good!
- Cordless family life: How cordless devices are great with a young, busy family
- On behalf of…: Thoughts on the contexts in which I think about the WordPress Gutenberg project
- Remembering your promises: a reflection on weddings and vows and promises
Pins: things I read and remembered
Things I’ve bookmarked this week
- Why the Twitter API change is nothing but good – Curtis McHale
- Git commands to keep a fork up to date | Phil Nash
- Picular – Google but for colours
- FLEX: A simple visual cheatsheet for flexbox
- GRID: A simple visual cheatsheet for CSS Grid Layout
- WP Glossary – The Glossary for WordPress Users
Also note this:
And the most important Thing I Learned:
Have a great week!